Change Lives

Change Lives

Sunday 6 May 2018

An Amazing Moment.....

As the sun began to set and after I'd sorted all my dogs, I thought tonight's warm evening was a good opportunity to spend some quality time with Indi. Fair to say she blew me away.....

I started by just sitting with her, stroking and talking to her, she stayed glued to her corner. No eye contact was made and I have to admit I was a little disheartened.

I decided to try the lead on her again, that way if she decided to bolt or thrash around, I had some control. I wasnt let down, for as soon as the lead was on she started to try and escape and to hide anywhere. I just sat there calmly, no fighting back or trying to stop her and for the first time since I had the pleasure of meeting her on Friday the penny seemed to drop.....

Below is almost a step by step gallery of how we shared that first intimate moment. Maybe the first time in her whole life someone has had the opportunity to get this close.....





On my own and on a roll I went for it and managed to capture this precious video footage.....



She was and still is clearly still petrified but to be part of this magical moment was something so special. I know she probably wished I was a million miles away, but she let me get this close..... I will cling onto that feeling and more importantly that hope.