Change Lives

Change Lives

Thursday 16 February 2017

Where We Are At The Moment.....

I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and continued support during the quiet time on here. My time just seems to disappear at the moment, but everything will be so worth it. The Rescue Place is going through what I can only describe as a 'life changing' redevelopment, which will not only make our job easier but also improve the lives of our dogs beyond my wildest dreams. Coupled with a new exciting venture that I'm hoping will help us find homes or rescue places for some of our dogs we think are ready, then you can maybe begin to imagine how it's so difficult to find the time to sit and write on here.

More on all of the above when the time is right, but however life does continue to go on, and the need for our work is as intensive as ever.  On Tuesday teatime I received a call from a vet who had a dog booked into be destroyed. Despite not having space,  or even premises capable of taking another, we came up with a plan alongside Northumberland County Council Animal Welfare (who were again amazing) and we were able to stop this beautiful girl losing her life. After a couple of assessments from their team and myself and a couple of days in temporary boarding I'm delighted to say that she is moving to abother rescue soon. She was so close to losing it all.....

Another who was facing destruction and the subject of a few frantic phonecards is Daisy. She ended up a shelter where she was showing signs of aggression and dog aggression.  Again the council contacted us as she finished her last day as a stray, and of course I said yes.....

She is currently again in temporary boarding, but today I spent my second day assessing her. It's early days but the first signs are good.....

(Facebook viewers will need to click on the post to see all the photos. )


Jenson left and Daisy right. Daisy was due to be destroyed and dog aggressive. 
Daisy and Fagan who is a great stooge dog as he wants to be on his own!