Change Lives

Change Lives

Wednesday 12 October 2016

Crazy Times And A Beautiful Girl Arrives.....

The last 9 days or so have perhaps been the most hectic I have ever known in the ten years I have been doing this. The amount of dogs I have been approached to help within that period is now in double figures, but with so limited funds and space it has been impossible to take them all. I've been approached from all over the country and even outside the UK with Eire and Romania on the list..... I think we have somehow managed to find alternatives for the ones we haven't been able to take.

Coupled with some frantic trips to the vets and major surgeries (of which I'll bring you upto speed on at a later date) it's fair to say both my sanity and the SHAK van have run up some miles.

Some of which were to help Topaz..... a young female Rottweiler that was booked into be destroyed at a pound last Friday for showing signs of fear aggression after arriving as a stray.  I was approached by the Animal Welfare Officer at NE Lincs Council who was desperate to find somebody to give her a chance.  Nationwide ,including the breed specific rescues, his search had been fruitless until he called SHAK....

The photo below was taken minutes after we arrived back yesterday.  I am using the rigid lead for my safety only, but already you can see she is a beautiful and intelligent girl. It really is upsetting to think she was just hours away from losing her life before it had even begun.....