Change Lives

Change Lives

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Another LIFE SAVING Story.....

You all know the phrase about waiting for a bus..... two usually come at once, and the same is true with dogs! 24 hours before I was notified about the Malinois I told you about last night I was asked to help a big Akita in the same pound, showing aggression and facing the same fate..... destruction.

Like the Malinois this boy boy was still serving his 7 days as a stray, so the council who had brought him in had to give permission for him to be destroyed. You know how this goes..... that's when I received a phone call.....

Since he came to us we have seen no sign of aggression just sheer strength and determination if he wanted to go somewhere, or more to the point determination if he didn't want to go somewhere! That coupled with his weight of 45kg + we've been working with him using the 'Rigid Lead' again.

Today I felt I knew him well enough to use a normal lead.....






Walking him like a normal dog after he had been so close to death was an incredible feeling. He even allowed me to cut off the scraggy piece of twine he had for a collar! A week ago to day he was due to destroyed..... so much progress in such short time.