Change Lives

Change Lives

Saturday 13 August 2016

Enjoying Her New Start.....

I thought I'd give you a little update on Nancy..... She was picked up from the vets, very kindly, by some very special SHAK friends on Friday morning. Despite having two mammary tumours removed and being speyed she was still in fine singing fettle and sang all the way to the kennels to meet me.

After a hard days graft, from the team as Nancy had spent most of the day taking a well earned rest in my van, it was decided a quick beer was in order at the Shoulder Of Mutton on the way home. Seemed only right that the lady of the moment should pop in and I have to say that the management, staff and customers really took her to their hearts.....

Me and my new little pal.
And a new friend.....
And two more!

Tonight after another hard day resting up Nancy once more came home with me. She has settled so well, has been absolutely sensational with the other dogs, and I have to say that they too have been amazing in accepting Nancy into their home. Obviously we are still looking for a full time home for this wonderful little girl. The one thing I have noticed about her is her need to be settled, too much change clearly makes her life stressful.

If you'd like to enquire to find out more about Nancy then please email foreverfoster@shak.org.uk

I'd like to say too, a very BIG THANK YOU to our special friends (you know who you are) who picked Nancy up from the vets on Friday and also handed me an envelope containing £250 towards her vets bill. Coupled with what we already had paid off, it means that the total raised so far is £340..... her bill was £390. Such amazing generosity and huge burden lifted! Thank you so much.

If you'd like to contribute to the outstanding balance then you can do by PayPal to shak@shak.org.uk or by sending a cheque made payable to SHAK to SHAK HQ. Greenwell Road, Alnwick, Northumberland NE66 1HB.

In the meantime I'll leave you with a picture of how Nancy is spending her first Saturday night lump free..... on my favourite chair!