Change Lives

Change Lives

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Gema Comes Home.....

The one thing I've learnt after last Friday's devastating goodbye to Scout, is that when you know a dog hasn't long on this earth with us, you make the most of every second you have left with them. Scout was my shadow for the two weeks he fought cancer that I was aware of, and I mean he never left my side. Now he has gone, I have the deepest and fondest memories of  a best friend that refused to give up.....

You'll remember in the middle of all the sleepless nights and worries during the last week, that Gema had also been diagnosed with cancer. Her's was presenting itself in a different form, a bone tumour, but ultimately it is a battle we will lose.

Having spent time with Gema on Saturday treating her to essential oils and some very special one on one time, Rachel approached me on Sunday. Having had no other offers of a foster home for her to see out her days, I'd had the same feelings Rachel had.....

So despite the rawness of the pain of losing Scout, we've decided to give Gema what she needs right now, and she came home with me on Monday. I don't know how long she will be here, but I think you can already see that she is having fun and making some new friends. Making those special memories.....