Change Lives

Change Lives

Sunday 19 January 2014

A Year On For My Mr Perfect.....

Thursday gone was the first anniversary since we lost Dusty, and although I have been unable to write on here until now, he is very much on my mind. The day he died, I said I had lost the most perfect dog. And I had.....

"16.01.2013.

I guess when your down, you really are down, and after the sad news of losing Sky last Thursday, then the personal loss of my own little Staffy Brookes on Friday, today I lost the most perfect pet and happiest dog I've ever had the privilege to share my life with.

Dusty was perfect in every way to me. He had horrendous health problems when I picked him up as a stray, including rotten ears and testicular cancer, and he fought them all to be with us.

Neve was with me when I picked him up, she was only 4 at the time, and I think his finder could see the concern in my eyes when I saw the state he was in. "What will happen to him now?" She asked but before I could answer "he's coming to live with us" Neve said, and that's exactly what he did.

Dusty was a brave, brave boy. Everyone loved him, and today was the first day I didn't see his tail wag. He lived with me for almost two years, way more than I expected, but it seems like he was mine forever. I miss you so much, thanks for letting me share your life."