Change Lives

Change Lives

Monday 23 December 2013

Two Wise (Old) Men.....

If that last post showed the three Kings, King himself is here but in the guise of a wise old man. Along with Denbar (I know we need another to make it the 3 Wise Men) I thought I'd let you see how the two big oldies were doing via an update from Lesley:

"Denbar is with Janet and David and, when I went to see him last week, was as relaxed and happy as I've ever seen a dog. He looked like he'd been with them all his life and, apparently, settled in with no problems whatsoever. He's now part of a large extended family and will spend his first Christmas surrounded by those who love him.

King is doing equally well with Dawn and Terry. They had big enough hearts to take in a huge, nearly blind, arthritic old bear in desperate need of love and care. He's loving every minute of all the cuddles and attention he's getting and is giving them so much pleasure in return. He's such a lovely, relaxed, mellow character, he thoroughly deserves this kind, thoughtful retirement home.

These guys have both fallen on their feet, but I think they show how much pleasure an older dog can bring - lovely gentle companionship without the demands of younger ones. I'm so pleased for both of them."

Denbar
King