Change Lives

Change Lives

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Home At Last.....

At long last we are all hoping that TJ has found his Forever Foster Home, and the following email I received from him certainly sounds like he is happy but also has his work cut out!:

"I left SHAK okay but to be honest his transport was somewhat cramped. A mini. Not really built for a chap of my status, but more of that later. After a  visit to his daughter and a quick play with Holly I got him to fold the rear  seats down, much better and we were off.

After about an hour of travelling we  stopped and he offered me a drink of water, would you believe in a bowl that  still had a sticker in it, I naturally refused. He said to stretch legs but after a few hundred yards he wanted to turn round, of course insisted  we did a bit more, honestly some people.  We then continued on without incident to his home where I inspected everything to ensure it was up to  standard.  My bed a duvet was satisfactory. but the sofa was better (ps  don't
tell him I got of it before he got up in the morning).

He is well trained in feeding me regularly with chappie food  I  can see I am going to have to work on him to get a proper bit of fish and  chicken.  One thing I must say is some of these Yorkshire residents  are quite hostile on our regular walks we have been attacked by what Peter calls  a horse and a lamb fortunately I was able to protect him on both occasions by  putting myself on the other side of him away from these ferocious people?.

I am sorry to say I can see no quick solution in my official capacity as P  P P T (person peters personal trainer) he is getting quicker at moving but I  must be brutally honest I don't believe I will ever get him fast enough to catch  even a lame rabbit. He takes ages climbing over styles I try to show him he  could save a lot of time by simply jumping the wall but he wont even try.
 
One good point about transport is I get to inspect whatever he carries, only the other day I was able to help by spotting he had some  sausages in his shopping so with no regard to my own health I managed to eat  them for him before we got home.

So I am sorry to inform you that it looks like you are going to have to  cope without me as I feel I am needed here as I have a lot of work on with this  Peter person. Will keep you informed as to my efforts 

All the best TJ ."

I think everyone at SHAK is with you on this one TJ, just keep being you!