Change Lives

Change Lives

Saturday 19 January 2013

Haden, A Real Hero.....

This the dog that has helped me get over such drastic losses as I have had to deal with in the last week. If you look closely at the photo, you'll see that something is missing. Haden (as we have called him) only has 3 legs and came to us as a stray. I rang all the vets in the area from with he was found but to no avail. Nobody recognises him and nobody is looking for him. He was finding kennels very stressful, and last night he somehow persuaded me and Rachel to bring him home.

He's a very sociable dog, who loves being around my others, and despite his severe disability he loves running and chasing them, especially my Lurcher bitch (and SHAK dog) Star. In fact the two could be brother and sister as they look and act so alike.

Haden is here with me for now to see how he gets on with life. To be honest though I think I'm getting the most from it, as looking after a dog with 3 legs is taking my mind off nursing the two old boys that I miss so much.