Change Lives

Change Lives

Friday 27 July 2012

His Spirit Lives On.....

It's two years today since we lost a dog that changed my life the short time we had him. Spirit came to us disregarded by everyone because he had a problem with one of his back legs. It was during x rays to reveal the damage of hip dysplasia that a mass of bone tumours were discovered and I had to make the horrendous decision to do what was best for him and let him go.

Spirit came home with me one night, and never left. Although he was only here for 10 days he changed my life forever. He taught my own German Shepherd Oscar that it was ok to have another male dog in his house, and I will never forget seeing those two together. Dusty, Dudley and now Lennox have had a home because of the work Spirit did.

When he died I described him as the perfect dog, and you know he really was. So brave but so gentle, I was lucky to share those 10 days.