Change Lives

Change Lives

Sunday 27 May 2012

Another Oldie Wanders Into My Life.....


Its been another hectic week, and one that started with the arrival of the dog with perhaps the saddest face I have ever seen. Ava (as I have called her) is a big old crossbreed that was abandoned as a stray, and is has clearly been neglected in her long life. Her ears are filthy and infected, her eyes look sore and weepy and she has a whole load of patches that maybe old pressure sores and are now tough blackened skin.

Ava also appears to be having difficulty with her back end as it reminds me of Dudley when his used to sink from underneath him without him being aware. Hers is nowhere near as bad as Duds was, but here is signs of a development there.

As you can also see, her dew claws are overgrown all the way around, and on one leg are growing into the skin itself, although they don't seem to be giving her much pain. Another worry is the various lumps and bumps all over her body, one in particular near her backend is very large.



However, despite all this she is such a wonderful friendly dog that has such a happy go lucky attitude. So much so, that she didn't make the kennels and has come home with me and the rest of the gang. I am taking her to  the vets tomorrow to see if and what can be done, but she loves life and loves her new friends.


It's been a traumatic week or so after a life of neglect, but here she is asleep on her first night with me, I wish I could capture the sound of snoring on here.