Change Lives

Change Lives

Wednesday 7 March 2012

We Lose An Inspiration, And My Best Friend.....


I've just had to say goodbye to the bravest and strongest dog in the world. My best friend Dudley lost his battle today, and although he was very much my dog, everyone that had the privelege to meet him in the 5 or so months he was here, has lost a true inspiration. We found a lump which the vet thinks was a tumour on his neck and would explain the rapid decline in the last 48 hours, and also would perhaps be the cause of all his neurological problems. This morning I knew the time was right, and the look in his beautiful eyes told me he knew it too. The big guy insisted on walking into the vets room, and leaves me behind having taught me so much not only about his condition, but also on how to be brave and strong. Run free Duds, I love you so much. The back of my Landrover will never be the same without you sitting in it.