Change Lives

Change Lives

Saturday 29 October 2011

Foxy Roxy: Our Rover Reporter.....


Well, I received this email this morning and after a good laugh, I thought it was the perfect time to announce the fourth and final dog that had a sleep over last weekend. I'll let you you read into it what you like, take it away Foxy Roxy.....

Roxy's Report.

"Well dear SHAK readers-what a week.I am almost too worn out to scribble my report but it seems like no fireside snooze until I do. There I was a week ago paddling in the contents of my water bowl as always when that big bloke sticks a lead on me , puts me in the back of his car and next thing I know I have a vet staring at my sore eye and generally poking at me.Mind you I let him know with my Roxy growl that I was having none of it.But before I know it that big bloke (massive hands he has) was holding my head while the vet stuck needles in me-acupuncture it was not!

Anyway things improved later that afternoon when,guess what? I walk up the gardenpath and who is staring out the window at me but my old sparing partner-Handsome Harvey.Harvey showed me round his house and explained the big bloke who Harvey calls Dad isHarvey's butler,cook,cleaner and chauffeur.Harvey rents the upstairs of his house tothis Dad in exchange for his services.Anyway Harvey had organised Dad to set up a rather cosy bed in the corner, a double dish stand and a selection of toys for me.After a brisk walk on the beach it was back to Harvey's place for a spot of 2 star Michelin food-Turkey mince cooked in tomatoes,garlic and olive oil and served on a bed of moist dog biscuit-pity this Dad person has only one recipe but.

The rest of my week has been a blur of activity including back to the vets for my
little operation on my eye,walks every few hours and more bloody Turkey.Mind you I did have to laugh at Harvey's efforts to train his domestic help.Basically he gets this Dad person to give him lumps of liver every time Harvey sits or lies down or runs back after chasing a rabbit.Tried it myself and it works-unbelievable!

Today I was driven by Dad the chauffeur to something called a canine centre, and it was where I was introduced to lots of other dogs and two ladies who these dogs are training justlike Harvey is Dad.Not exactly sure what that was all about but seems like someonepassed something with flying colours and gets to take Dad for his Saturday training start day soon-wonder who it was?Attached a few pictures of me and Harvey .As you can see I have Dad groom me to shining perfection,my eye has mended well and lets face it I look gorgeous despite the extra couple of pounds I have put on this week.

I will keep you posted on Dads progress from Chez Harvey but must go and grab the bestspot next to the fire before Harvey notices me slipping past Dad as he washes our dinner bowls.

Love to all at SHAK"

Foxy Roxy