Change Lives

Change Lives

Monday 31 October 2011

Dudley Update.....


After attaching himself to everyone he has met in the last 36 hours, having Dudley feels as if he has been around for ever. Tonight I braced myself for the trip I was dreading and took him to see Jonathon at Moorview Vets. After losing Scooby less than 2 weeks ago, and Spirit with bone tumours, I really was dreading this trip.

Jonathon was brilliant with him, and we have a little hope depending on blood test results. There appears to be a thickening of one of his anal glands, which in turn may be the reason of the excessive drinking. Excuse my lack of medical knowledge here as I try to explain this the best I can. The blood tests will determine how much calcium is in the blood, a high rate and we may have something unpleasant to deal with. So we are waiting for the results to come back.

After a thorough examination, Jonathon believes that the problems with his back end may be due to discs, whilst the front paw, pictured above may be due to some old ligament damage. Although known of which we can address until we have the test results back.

So tonight Dudley is back in my front room, we have done the best we can for him now we must wait. But boy is this boy worth the wait.