Change Lives

Change Lives

Friday 8 July 2011

A Week Of Sadness And Joy.....



This week has been one of those whirlwind weeks with so many ups and downs I really don't know whether to be happy or sad.

Wednesday saw the fourth anniversary of the murder of a German Shepherd girl that needed a special place. I failed to find it, and she paid with her life. This was obviously way before SHAK was even a seed in my mind, I just knew that I needed to do something so such a beautiful animal wouldn't be simply discarded as trash like that again. Princess, sorry I failed you, what I do now is inspired by the time we shared.

Yesterday was a sad day too, as we lost one of the original SHAK girls. Sheeba came to us right at the beginning of this journey, one of two German Shepherds due to be destroyed in a pound. She went straight to a home where she was loved beyond belief, and had years with a family who adored her. Yesterday after being ill for a while a bone tumour was discovered in one of her hips, her family made the best decision for her. Run free Sheeba, you really were a dream to be around, we were lucky to have such a fine ambassador for SHAK.

There has also been some positive moments this week too. New friends have been made, with Mika and Skippy in particular enjoying each others company. Harry too has made pals, and Lewis decided he wanted to join Harry for a walk into the village whether I liked it or not.

Two SHAK dogs also began their journeys to potential Forever Foster homes, more news when it becomes a reality, so watch this space.

This job is a dream, anyone who has been lucky enough to be around these dogs will know exactly what I mean, but boy does it put you through an emotional rollercoaster.