Change Lives

Change Lives

Friday 3 June 2011

Introducing Harry.....


Last Friday I received a phone call from the dog wardens asking me if SHAK would take on a stray that they had picked up that morning. What met my eyes was the dog in these photographs. Harry as he has been called by Karen is the most emaciated dog we have ever had, and although I have worked with worse, his condition is painful to us to see so we can only begin to imagine what he feels like.

I'm delighted to say that once again Karen and Mike have come up trumps, and Harry moved into their house first thing Saturday morning. The vets believe his health to be fine apart from a slight heart murmur probably due to his condition, and that he is the way he is because of horrendous neglect. He weighed in last Saturday at 12.3kg.

Harry has had a good week, with a lot of TLC and small feeds often. I will keep you updated on his progress.