Change Lives

Change Lives

Monday 22 November 2010

Run Free Old Boy.....

Today has been one of those tough days that makes what we do so difficult to deal with. This morning I had to make a very tough decision and let Jack go. Jack had deteriorated over night, and whilst he still had feeling in his toes yesterday, this morning he had no deep pain perception from halfway down his back. We rushed him in for a milogram where a large area of compression was found on one of his discs in his spine. The loss of pain perception was crucial as this reduced the odds of a recovery from any surgery dramatically. When I say recovery, we are talking about being able to feel his back end never mind walking. It was on very strong vets advice that I set him free.

I'd like to think that tonight Jack is running after a stick, or curled up cuddled next to his Dad that loved him dearly. Maybes I'm a romantic, but I wonder if Jack died of a broken heart. Run free Jack, we did all we possibly could for you, but in the end you were destined to be with someone who loved you all along.