Change Lives

Change Lives

Wednesday 10 March 2010

Another Soul Is Lost.....

Phonecalls and emails late last night alerted me to a White German Shepherd that had been picked up by the Dog Warden. It was reportedly in serious bad health, and as it was local to me I was asked if SHAK could take it on. Of course I agreed.....

This morning after a thorough vet examination (carried out before I could collect the dog) it was decided to be kinder to the dog to put him to sleep. He only weighed 17kg (an average German Shepherd should be about 35kg) and his mouth was ulcerated and infected. Worst of all he had a tumour in his mouth because of the neglect to the original ulcers.

Human beings have cost this fine boy his life at the tender age of 4 1/2. He has died and suffered through sheer neglect. I am so ashamed to be human.

Run Free at Rainbow Bridge Big Fella